Dana White Reveals Cris Cyborg Turned Down UFC Title Fights

The outcome of a fight between Ronda Rousey and Cris Cyborg continues to be a hotly debated topic among MMA fans. This week UFC chief Dana white revealed he’s made offers to Cyborg and been turned down twice. “What’s crazy about that is this: I offered Cris Cyborg a title fight at 145 pounds a month ago,” White told the UFC Unfiltered podcast. “She had eight weeks to get ready for it, she said she couldn’t make the weight, said she couldn’t make 145 pounds. “So then I offered her another 145-pound title fight for Brooklyn (UFC 208), she turned it down. She turned down two 145-pound title fights. One because she said she couldn’t make 145 pounds…

Should We Be Mad At McGregor For Being Mad?

Conor McGregor is not retiring, as we figured. He’s upset, and rightly so. The loss to last minute opponent Nate Diaz on UFC’s biggest stage would damage even the strongest person’s ego. After a couple days of tongues wagging, the Notorious one emerged from the shadows and broke his silence regarding his impromptu  “retirement”  on twitter. Below is his statement in it’s entirety courtesy of his personal FB page. ***** Conor McGregor UFC 196 pre presser v1“I am just trying to do my job and fight here. I am paid to fight. I am not yet paid to promote. I have become lost in the game of promotion and forgot about the art of fighting….

McGregor Off UFC 200 Card; Retirement Status Still Unknown

Social media went into a frenzy when UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor made an impromptu “retirement” announcement on twitter Tuesday morning. Whether or not the retirement announcement is true remains to be seen but what is certain is McGregor won’t be fighting at UFC 200. Appearing on ESPN’s SportsCenter, UFC president Dana White said McGregor had been pulled from the card after refusing to travel to Las Vegas to appear at the press conference and film commercials and marketing spots. McGregor is reportedly in Iceland training, presumably for the Diaz rematch, and didn’t want to break camp to travel to the Sin City.

[Video] Dana White ‘Lookin For A Fight’ Ep 2 Preview

LOS ANGELES, CA — UFC Chief Dana White made a stop by Big Boi’s morning show on Wednesday to discuss MMA of course and his latest offering “Dana White: Lookin’ for A fight.” In this episode Dana, Matt and Nick head to Alaska to endure sub-freezing temperatures for some dog sledding, paddle boarding and to check out some fighters at a local promotion. Better enjoy them now, full episodes are available online only until February 4th.

White: Rousey Was ‘Exhausted’ Ahead Of Holm Bout

On a recent installment of Off The Record with Michael Landsberg on Thursday, UFC head Dana White confirmed that he and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta had spoken to Rousey since her loss to Holly Holm and she informed them she was “exhuasted” ahead of the bout. “I’ve talked to her almost everyday after the fight and when she sat down with me and Lorenzo a few days ago, she said, ‘I was exhausted going into that fight. I was exhausted mentally, physically, emotional,’” White said. “She had a lot of personal things going on, too, with her family.” An unsurprising revelation given Rousey’s movie filming schedule, press obligations and personal issues outside the ring. These revelations begin to shape…

[Video] Dana White: “It’s When, Not If For Rousey v Holm2”

Yes, it’s still Rousey vs. Holm. The UFC isn’t calling it that but, the champion doesn’t always get top billing and Ronda Rousey is still one of the biggest athletes worldwide, whether you like it or not. Appearing this morning on ESPN’s Mike & Mike, UFC Chief Dana White says the rematch between Holm and Rousey is on the horizon. “I think that if we didn’t make the rematch, me and [UFC CEO] Lorenzo [Fertitta] should probably lose our promoters’ license,” White said on the morning ESPN radio show Mike & Mike. “Yeah, that fight’s going to happen. I don’t know when, but that’s the fight that will happen.” Watch the full interview here.

UFC187: Cormier Wins But I Refuse To Call Him Champ

Daniel Cormier won at UFC 187 but I refuse to label him as the UFC Light-Heavyweight champion. I’m not hating or throwing shade to Cormier. He looked awesome at UFC 187 against Anthony “Rumble” Johnson. Early in the fight Cormier took some shots that we’ve seen snatch the souls of other fighters while displaying an iron-like chin. A chin tested for the first time at this point in his career. After surviving a scary first round, Cormier was able to lock in and find his rhythm. As action went on, he used his take down skills to wear down and gas out a game Johnson. In the end, it was a choke out in the third…

UFC To Induct 2015 HOF Class At Fan Expo 7/11

UFC® HALL OF FAME TO INDUCT CLASS OF 2015 AT UFC FAN EXPO, JULY 11 UFC Hall of Fame will consist of four distinct categories, with inductees in each scheduled for a special presentation at UFC Fan Expo 2015 Las Vegas – For the first time in the 12-year history of the UFC® Hall of Fame, an entire class of legendary fighters and contributors will be inducted into distinct Hall of Fame categories at a special induction event, scheduled for July 11 at UFC Fan Expo 2015.   UFC® today announced that after 12 years and with 12 inductees already enshrined, the UFC Hall of Fame is evolving into a unique four-category system, enabling UFC, media and fans to celebrate and commemorate the…

Hector Lombard Fined/Suspended For Postitive Drug Test

When you cheat, you have to pay the cost. This is a lesson Hector Lombard is learning the hard way. On Monday the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) handed down their punishment for Lombard’s failed post UFC 182 test.   Post-fight drug test results revealed that Lombard tested positive for Desoxymethyltestosterone, a designer steroid. As a result, his January 3rd win over Josh Burkman has been overturned and ruled “No Contest”, he must pay a $70,000 fine, and will be suspended for one year. Throughout the suspension period, Lombard will be subject to additional testing prior to being approved for another license.   Lombard owned up to his wrongs while addressing the commission by saying, “I let…

UFC: Dana White Issues Statement On UFC 183 Positive Tests

On the heels of Anderson Silva’s statement regarding the positive pre-fight drug test, UFC head Dana White is releasing his own statement. “Anderson Silva has been one of the greatest athletes this sport has ever seen. He has had a long and distinguished career in mixed martial arts. In his nine years with the UFC, Anderson has never tested positive for a banned substance. In light of this, we want to ensure that Anderson gets his due process and we will support him during this time. While this process plays out, Anderson will continue in his role as coach of The Ultimate Fighter Brazil. Of course we will continue to monitor the actions of the…